This was the 60th global edition and 7th edition in Mumbai. It showcased the latest innovations and challenges in the construction industry pertaining to building envelopes and the latest technological solutions.
Rajeev Antony, Ashish Lahoti, Mahesh Arumugam, Jean-Paul Moonen, Matthew Penrose, Rajan Govind, Stephen Tanno, Jonas Upton-Hansen, K R Suresh, Ravi Sarangan, Prameena Karunairaj, Devesh Kumar, Jean Paul Hautekeer, Dr. Bernd Koll, Kamlesh Choudhari, Bhami Ilyas, Sourabh Kankar, Stephen Tanno
Share This Event
Speakers and Panelists
Director Pre-Construction Services, Schüco International
Stephen Tanno graduated from The University of Southampton in 1987 and worked as a Consulting Engineer for the next 16 years, including 5 years with Ove Arup in Sydney and 8 years as Group Director with Buro Happold, where he...
Associate Architect, Architect Hafeez Contractor
Kirtisagar Bollar is an Associate Architect at Architect Hafeez Contractor. An alumnus of Academy of Architecture he has won several awards and accolades to his credit throughout his academics as well as professional career. At the age of 25 he...
Global Segment Manager - Architectural, Akzonobel
Jean-Paul is the Global Segment Manager Architecture at AkzoNobel. He started his career in the paints and coatings industry in 1997 and has held several marketing and sales positions in different businesses within AkzoNobel. Since 2008 he has been working...
Managing Director, UHA London
Jonas Upton-Hansen studied at the Architectural Association in London. After graduating in the year 2000, he joined Foster + Partners where he collaborated on projects including the McLaren Formula 1 UK headquarters and Monaco Yacht Club amongst others. In 2005, he joined the...
Managing Director, Schueco India
Line functions: General Management, CEO, Head of business unit, Start up’s, New Business Development, Field Operations Staff functions: Strategic plans, Board of directors, Business plans, Financial Analysis, Corporate Planning, Product Management, Industrial Marketing 23 Years Experience with 13 years of...
Marketing Manager - India, Gujarat Guardian
Sourabh Kankar heads Marketing Operation at Gujarat Guardian Limited, a leading manufacturer of float, coated and mirror glass products. A Computer Science graduate with a Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing and Finance, Sourabh spent over 14 years in various Technical,...
Director, Edifice Architects
Born in a garage in Chembur, Edifice today is one of India’s largest design consultancy firms. Ravi along with his friend and partner Sanjay founded Edifice with 6 core values at the center of the work ethics – integrity, ownership,...
Director, BES Consultants
Rajan has more than 30 years of international experience within the facade industry, out of which he has served more than 11 years at Arup. With Structural engineering background Rajan has gained working experiences in various regions such as Asia,...
Director, Glass Wall Systems
Born with an aim to conquer his ambition in life and goal. He started working as a entrepreneur to take path in achieving his vision. With over two decade plus experience in Façade industry.He has played a pivotal role in...
Technical Marketing Manager, Kuraray Europe
Bernhard Koll joined the today’s Kuraray Europe company/Germany in 1990. The first 11 years he worked in R&D group for TROSIFOL Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB) interlayer for laminated safety glass. In 2002 he moved to the Technical Marketing position being responsible...
Regional Director - South Asia, Meinhardt Façade Technology
Mahesh provides the strategic leadership as the Regional Director for Meinhardt Group and Façade Consultancy business in South Asia. He has been in the Engineering Consultancy Services and Construct industry for over 27 years. His experience ranges from Aluminium Glazing...
Managing Director, Doors & Doors System
He Brings in 20 years of passion in driving the Building Industry introducing several major European companies in India and raising the bar In architectural hardware, window and door industry. Doors and Doors today is a leading company in India...
Sr. Vice President - Projects, K Raheja Corp
Sudipta Ray, is an Architect & Project Management professional with 30 years of Indian & International work experience, including 14 years in the Middle East, on Mega Projects and various Building Typologies – Townships, High Rises, Mixed Use, Residential, Offices,...
Associate, Nikken Sekkei
An urbanist by approach and Architect, Urban Designer and Master Planner by profession; Ashish is one of the few of his contemporaries who chose to move to far East rather than West. His career is an interesting cyclic path between study-work-study-work...
Technical Head, Aludecor
Devesh Kumar is a Civil Engineer with over a decade of experience in Façade Application and Precast Concrete. He is an ardent professional with ample knowledge in the field of metal composite panels. Devesh is a forward-thinking professional familiar with all...
Head - Design, Birla Estate
Dr. Ananya Gandotra, is currently heading the Design Team at Birla Estates Pvt. Ltd. She provides strategic design direction and helps deliver real estate projects successfully. Prior to Birla Estates, she has held positions such as: Head of Technical Services...
Regional Business Manager, CPP Wind Engineering & Air Quality Consultants
Mr. Ilyas is CPP’s local representative based out of Dubai Office for Middle East and South Asia business operations. Bhami has over 10 years of wind engineering experience during which he worked on iconic projects such as UAE Pavilion @Expo...
General Manager - Design & Build, Shapoorji Pallonji
Sandip is a qualified lead architect with over 24 years of rich experience in managing Architectural design and Project Management of Building projects for premier IT, ITES, Iconic Structures, Aviation, Healthcare, Real estate ,Industrial and Hospitality sectors . Major work...
Director, HOK India
Rahul Kulkarni co-directs HOK’s India practice and is based in Mumbai. He is an experienced designer as well as project management professional with a demonstrated history of working with complex project types across US, Middle East, SE Asia and India....
Director, Skyline Architects
Saurabh Chatterjee is a Director of Skyline Architects. He has done his bachelor’s in Architecture from College of Architecture, Lucknow. Mr. Chatterjee has worked as an Associate Architect with Architect Hafeez Contractor. Notable projects he was involved in were: RA....
Principal Architect, SSA Architects
Anuja sees architecture and design as vital tools that can directly improve the quality of everyday life. She believes that when design is intelligent, sensitive, and responsive; buildings can support the people that use them in multiple, interactive ways. Her...
Co Founder & Partner, Vistaar Architects & Planners
Siddhart Shirur is a Chief Architect at Vistaar Architects & Planners. He is a member of Council of Architecture, india & Indian Institute of Architects. He did his Diploma in architecture from Academy of Architecture, Rachana. Mr. Shirur has been...
VP & Head - Special Initiatives, Larsen & Toubro
Sushant Shah Deo is an accomplished and dynamic professional with over 28 years of experience in the construction industry. Extensive international experience includes managing residential commercial and factory building projects in India, Mauritius, Qatar and UAE. Proven record of achieving organizational...
Executive Vice President, Vector Foiltec
Matthew Penrose is the Executive Vice President of Vector Foiltec. He has worked for Vector Foiltec Asia-Pacific for the past 10-years working on iconic ETFE using projects such as Resorts World Sentosa, Universal Studios Singapore, Singapore National Stadium Moving Roof,...
Business Development Manager, FunderMax India
Prameena Karunairaj is a seasoned green professional with over 8 years’ experience in the field of Energy Efficient Façade systems. She is also a LEED GA, IGBC AP and GRIHA trainer. She has provided consultancy to hundreds of projects in...
Global Strategic Market Director - Building Science, Dow
Jean has developed and lead the implementation of global market strategy to deliver financial results to the business. He coordinates marketing 4P implementation in the different regions through a team of regional marketers. Jean has develop a sustainable innovation growth...
VP - Estimation, Glass Wall Systems
Hitesha Thakur has completed her Architecture from Mumbai University. A technical Façade design and project management professional with an immense techno commercial skills, she has an experience of over 15 years in this field. She has been a technical support,...
Regional Director - South Asia, Avante Façades
With a view to lead by example through devoted work ethics and constant innovation, Suresh is one of the most sought after façade consultants of India with a unique approach of integrating and detailing to insure that all elements of...
- Innovation & client identity
- Socio-Economic context
- Environmental impact
- Rationalizing geometry
- Computer aid vs manual complex geometry
- Simplifying fabrication and installation
- Case study on the TCS Tower in Siruseri, Chennai featuring a complicated 17m cantilever with 5 different geometry and tested for 9Kpa wind load
- How new technologies can support façade design
- Powder coating and sustainability
- Digital support tools for designers and specifiers
- An introduction to projects, details, technology & advantages for ETFE façades & roofs
- Fire, thermal, light and wind load performance with ETFE
- Case study on the ETFE and steel structure at Project Jewel, Changi Airport in Singapore
- Reality of current state and impact on façades
- Is anyone checking construction tolerances?
- Message to stakeholders on how to manage and improve
11:30 - 11:50
The Worlds of Reality & Fantasy – How Finished Buildings Measure-up Against Expectation
- Short fall of the final product vis-à-vis the initial design and how to avoid it
- Avoiding over design to meet time lines
- Case studies with controlled designs and construction process to achieve exemplary results
- Form-making: Our process for shaping buildings and developing their 'identity'
- Designing 'inside out vs outside in'
- Dialogue vs single vision
12:15 - 13:00
PANEL DISCUSSION : Challenges in Designing High-Rise Buildings with Glazed Curtain Wall
- How do we incorporate balconies and operable windows for ventilation and that comply with the building codes?
- Is operable sliding window in glazed curtain wall a viable option? What are the other options?
- Pros and cons of using high performance glass in a residential high rise without central air conditioning system?
- How do you control security and privacy in such buildings?
K R Suresh
- Case study on the the design of Akshay Urja Bhawan, New Delhi (HQ of The Ministry of Renewable Energy) - An attempt to go beyond net zero & create an energy positive building
- Case study on the design of the HQ for Montecarlo, Ahmedabad - Featuring an interesting & complicated façade with various innovations
- Benefits of cladding a high-rise
- How to design cladding for high-rise
- Case studies
- Propagation of fire on façade
- Codes around the world
- Testing facilities
- A journey through high performance in modern façade designs
- Service for management of project timing and quality
- Latest innovations in the high performance segment
- Safety & beyond: Enhancing functionality with right interlayer selection
- Acoustic & strucural interlayers
- Case study on the usage of acoustic interlayer
- New cladding materials in the market
- Designing and executing building Crowns & Atriums
- Examples with case studies on the Wipro Campus, Gulita, Indiabulls Blu and more
- Wind effects on façades and the structure
- Challenges with unconventional buildings
- Wind tunnel testing processes and best practices
- GGL go to solution provider
- Evolution of glass façades for better occupant comfort
- Innovations in glass
- EFCI, its awareness and benefits in the construction industry in India
- Pros and cons of traditional methods vis-a-vis EFCI
- Risk assessment, money saving, maximum collaboration and timely delievery of projects with EFCI
- Can India move towards the design & build model of working?
- Capt. Edwin SaldanhaManaging Director, Doors & Doors System
- Sandip DeGeneral Manager - Design & Build, Shapoorji Pallonji
- Siddharth ShirurCo Founder & Partner, Vistaar Architects & Planners
- Stephen TannoDirector Pre-Construction Services, Schüco International
- Sudipta RaySr. Vice President - Projects, K Raheja Corp
- Sushant Shah DeoVP & Head - Special Initiatives, Larsen & Toubro